1. The e-book edition of The Extraordinary Book of Doors is now available through amazon Kindle. (Don't forget to leave a review after you read it!)
2. Why not sign your kids up for summer classes with the Needham schools' Summer Explorations? I'll be teaching relief Printmaking again for grades 5-9, and this year I'm also adding an Artist Workshop class with a variety of fun projects for grades 3-5. The Summer Explorations program is well-run, amazingly affordable, and my kids have absolutely loved the classes they've taken every summer for about 5 or 6 years now.
It's a busy time around here. First of all, The Extraordinary Book of Doors is now available on amazon, and at all my upcoming appearances. Yay! Then there's a reading and presentation at the library in Wellesley; an exhibit, presentation, and classroom visits at a school in Wellesley; a solo show in the the library in Sherborn; group shows at the library and town hall in Needham; classroom visits at two schools in Needham... Yeah, I'll be all over the place for the next month and a half. Check out Where You Can See My Work for more details.
In February I'll be visiting my parents in my old home town, and while there I'll be giving presentations at my elementary alma mater and at the local library where I spent so much time. I'll also be visiting the Cleveland Museum of Art to do a final check on the lay of the land for The Extraordinary Book of Doors with scenes set there. I look forward to seeing this incredible museum in all the glory of its newly completed renovation.
Yes, I will be having a holiday Open House this year on December 7-8, at 44 Briarwood Circle in Needham. It'll be a great opportunity to find unique, special gifts for friends and family of all ages, but please don't feel shy about coming by to chat even if you don't have any plans to spend money. Artists are used to people "just looking," so you don't need to feel awkward! I'll be demonstrating my process, I'll have my widest selection of Stuff on display, and as an added incentive there will be snacks, and mini rubber blocks for kids (or adults!) to carve.
A number of my books are now being carried by Blue Bunny Books and Toys in Dedham. The Blue Bunny is a cheerful happy store full of wonderful books and wonderful people. If you're in the greater Boston area, please drop by and check them out. If you love books, art, and children (and I suspect that you do), you will be very happy there.
There's been lots of progress on The Extraordinary Book of Doors. I'm currently doing a read-through with my first group of critics (my children). I expect to go to press in early spring of 2014. Let me know if you're interested in reviewing a fun middle grade fantasy adventure!
If you're curious about any of my books but aren't sure you need to buy them, don't forget that there are previews on the individual Books pages. Keep your eyes open for a free Kindle download promotion of Song Against Shadow. Also, remember that most libraries will allow you to request acquisitions. Ask your public library to get my books, and then you can read them all! (And after you read, please don't forget to post reviews!)
If you're in the greater Boston area and know a child in 5-9 grade who loves writing or art, don't waste another minute! Sign that child up for one of the classes I'm teaching this summer, Relief Printmaking and Writing Fantasy/Sci-fi: Summer Explorations. It's not too late!
In other news, I continue my obsession with doors in both writing and block prints. Check out the new pieces.
It's time once again to repeat my ongoing plea: Please remember that we small-time artists rely on our fans to get out the word about our work.
If you've enjoyed my artwork and/or my books, here are some ways you might consider helping me. (Thank you for all your wonderful support!)
* If you have a web site, Facebook page, or Twitter account, link to this website.
* Post a review of a book on amazon.com. (My goal is 20 reviews for each book, and I'm still a long way off!)
* If you have a Goodreads account, or another book sharing site, post reviews there, too.
* If you use Etsy, mark my Etsy shop (NydamPrints) as a favorite.
* Ask your local library to add my books to their collection.
* Lend my books, check them out from your local library, recommend them to your friends.
* And, of course, if you know anyone who might like my art or books, tell them about me!
Comments? Questions? Stories about where my art and books are ending up? Write to me! firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, if you want to be on my email list to be notified about my shows and events, please send me your contact information (I won't share it or use it for anything else).
|Home Gallery of Original Prints Books Where You Can See My Work About Me Contact|